My love for running is taking me to places around the world that I have dreamed of visiting. I love the challenge the races provides and the opportunity to visit somewhere new and beautiful, it is so rewarding and inspiring. While I do these challenges I also want to support The Gracias Foundation as a charity close to my heart, please feel free to support their many projects by donating on the link below.

Monday 24 September 2012

Have you seen the black puffer without arms roaming around Helvellyn?
With my first run recovery run under my belt, it was off to the Lake District in England for some hiking with my sister.  First day around Helvellyn, which is the 3rd highest peak in the lake district.  The weather was fantastic and as such brought out all the hikers in the lakes.  The hills were so busy it was like seeing lots of little ants climbing the hills in the distant.   We were out for about 5 or 6 hours and had a few incidents. 

The first was my sister loosing her body warmer at the top of one of the hills, so I ran up the hill to find it.  I couldn't remember what you called it and the only thing that came to mind was a puffer jacket without arms.  Alas I couldn't find it although at times it looked like some of the sheep were wearing it, as the sheep were black colored with white heads.
  
The second incident was when Laura nearly fell into a raging stream backwards, however she managed to save herself by holding on to the grassy bank.  I thought she still might fall in, as she was laughing so hard while still holding on to the grassy bank for a good 5 mins. 

The second day of hiking was less strenuous.  We walked up Dale's bottom or was it Dale's head, can't quite remember but Dale was very good to us and provided some great views and a lot of wind (maybe that part was my sis).   After Dale it was a easier walk to the lake and along to the YHA.  

My neck behaved and felt great and I even managed a few wee easy runs downhill.  Looks like I am getting back on track!  Yippee


Me and my sis at the hostel at the start of the weekend. Where did I get all those chins from!


At the top of Helvellynn

 At the top of Helvellynn



 Our hill friends
 2nd day hiking was a bit colder


 The water is sooo clear it is amazing
Its not all hard training, there has to be some reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment