My love for running is taking me to places around the world that I have dreamed of visiting. I love the challenge the races provides and the opportunity to visit somewhere new and beautiful, it is so rewarding and inspiring. While I do these challenges I also want to support The Gracias Foundation as a charity close to my heart, please feel free to support their many projects by donating on the link below.

Monday 27 August 2012


Turning veggie 

I started to look at my diet and ways I can improve what I eat to improve my health, running and recovery times.   Last year I suffered with stomach troubles in most of my long runs and I didn't want to go through that again so some things have to change. 

After reading Scott Jurek's latest book I got intrigued about a vegetarian diet.  I have never been a big meat eater and always loved salads and vegetables so switching to veggie for me would be relatively easy.  I am at the experiment stage right now, reading books and trying out different recipe options. 

I have started having smoothies but these are unlike the ones that you buy from the shops, full of sugar and  you don't really know what has been put in them.  I often have one for breakfast or as a mid morning snack.  One recipe so far is : 

1 Banana
2 handful of soft fruit (blueberries, strawberries, peach etc) 
1 tbsp hemp protein powder
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp flaxseed powder
2 tbsp almond butter
1.5 tbsp Oil
2 cups of water

I am loving these and loving trying out the new recipes



No comments:

Post a Comment