My love for running is taking me to places around the world that I have dreamed of visiting. I love the challenge the races provides and the opportunity to visit somewhere new and beautiful, it is so rewarding and inspiring. While I do these challenges I also want to support The Gracias Foundation as a charity close to my heart, please feel free to support their many projects by donating on the link below.

Monday 3 September 2012

Disaster!!!

I am injured and in alot of pain. 

Following the Mountain Man race in August I got back to training pretty quickly and felt my legs had recovered well.   I was doing some Gurten runs getting ready to run the Jungfrau Marathon and everything felt good until I woke up one Thursday morning and couldn't turn my neck properly.  As the day progressed the pain in my neck got worse and I could hardy turn it.

I did some stretches when I got home and hoped it would get better but the next day it got worse and by Saturday I was in complete agony.  I managed to get an emergency appointment with the Chiropracter.   He manipulated by back and my neck and managed to find all my sore points.  It did get better but when Sunday came the pain was still there and not getting any better.   Sitting, standing and lying provided no relief.  I was in pain all the time. 

It turns out I have a pinched nerve in my neck,  brought on by bad posture and exacerbated with running.   I am continuing with the Chiropracter appointments but I am in so much pain I cannot think about any exercise at this stage.  The scary part is, as I research this problem on the internet, I come to understand that the recovery period can be many months.  I do hope that is not the case and I recover fast so I can partake in my race. 


No comments:

Post a Comment